August 17, 2011

Sometimes you just get tired....

... by ppl. who seem to have no idea what the f... they're doing.

Being deaf and all, I need to bring a signlanguage interpreter with me in the field.

I found her. One single one for the entire stay, which is pretty rare to find as interpreters tend to have a life beside work, like most other ppl have it. :)

Everything is ready for take off. I even got my apt. here at home rented out to a sweet couple from Aalborg, who pays all 4 months rent at once.

But then... well....

KU (University of Copenhagen) and Udannelsesstyrelsen (those who're supposed to pay for it) seems to prefer their holidays and stuff over communicating with another. Yesterday  I got a mail from the company who delivers the interpretingservice, that KU have yet to send the applications needed for uddannelsesstyrelsen to make their descision.

It's about 2 months ago I asked them to get it done and they told me they would hurry up and get it all fixed.

Seems I'll have to start in the field without interpreter.

I thank god for my CI (Cochlear Implantation) which makes me hear a bit more than usual on the left ear. I hope this will make it for the first weeks time, at least when it comes to participant observations. Then the interviews must wait a bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment